Are You the Right Fit For Us?
Are We The Right Fit For You?
We are Gnip. We are growing and we work hard. We work closely together. We're excited about what we do. And we hope you'll join us.
San Francisco Based Business Director
San Francisco/Bay Area
Gnip, the world's largest provider of social data, is actively seeking a senior executive as we expand our presence on the West Coast. Our needs are for someone to establish our foothold in the San Francisco area, expanding on our ability to serve Bay Area clients and prospects. We consider this the first of many hires for this area so candidates should think of themselves as the "founder" of the office, doing both strategic and tactical work as we grow.
Consistently awarded one of the Best Places to Work, Gnip has been experiencing fast growth in the last few years. This role augments our ongoing San Francisco Bay Area efforts. We have high customer and partner concentration in this area, and we'd like on-the-ground leadership to grow and expand our presence. Requirements of the position include deepening our existing client relationships as well as expanding on growth opportunities as available. Leadership is an important requirement of this role as we will be relying on the day-to-day prioritization of the person to execute effectively. This person will be a Gnip/social data evangelist, representing Gnip through thought-leadership and tactical implementation of sales/company goals. As the responsibilities expand, this person will be expected to eventually grow a team that scales to meet the needs of the West Coast market.
- Management experience, preferably running a sales team or General Manager/Director of an office
- Strategic sales/strategic account management experience
- Proven sales/business development results within a enterprise-sales team
- Firm grasp of how public social content is currently being engaged with by businesses
- Solid ability to grow relationships with existing customers, and identify new, previously unforeseen business opportunities
- Proven experience to hire, manage and grow a team of employees
- Analytical approach to decision making
- Ability to work remotely and communicate effectively to appropriate folks needs for you or your team
- Experience with CRM solutions, preferably Salesforce
Gnip is a social media data provider headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. With a very people and service-centric culture, we are consistently recognized as one of the best places to work. Founded nearly 5 years ago, we have experienced tremendous growth in both client count and number of employees. Through our client base we serve roughly 90% of Fortune 500 brands.
Our belief that social data has unlimited value and near limitless application has resulted in us forging exclusive partnerships with many of the biggest social data sources in the world, including Twitter, Wordpress, Tumblr, Disqus, Stocktwits among others. Through these partnerships we are delivering more than 1 billion activities per month on the way to 1 trillion total. We aspire to be the source of record for all social conversation which is a lofty goal but one that inspires us to meet client needs with social data every day.