Are You the Right Fit For Us?
Are We The Right Fit For You?
We are Gnip. We are growing and we work hard. We work closely together. We're excited about what we do. And we hope you'll join us.
Gnip's software collects, processes and delivers hundreds of millions of activities a day from a wide variety of social media APIs. Using an agile process with weekly iterations and bi-weekly deployments, we take a pragmatic approach to building our software which requires a broad palette of language experience, framework understanding, and software environments.
Our developers work across the entire technology stack from high volume messaging and storage in the back end to modern, browser based applications on the front end. We are looking for folks ready, willing, and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
The perfect candidate will have consciousness around software development; practical, hands-on, application of academic know-how. If you feel you've got it all, or have expertise in a relevant subset of the areas described here, we'd like to hear from you: email@example.com
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Understanding of concurrency, particularly in Java
- Ruby/JRuby/Rails Development (or another dynamic language and framework)
- Experience with large scale data storage, search, and/or streaming a plus
- Solid understanding of MVC and REST frameworks
- Experience with testing frameworks including JUnit and EasyMock, Shoulda and Mocha
- Application development, deployment and support on Unix/Linux systems, cloud experience a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with product team
- Amazon Web Services (EC2/S3/RDS)
What We Can Offer
- Work with modern languages/frameworks and choose the best technologies for the job
- Collaborative environment working with experienced and dedicated engineers
- Fast iterations and flexible feel typical of startups
- Comfortable office space in downtown Boulder
- Perks include breakfast at work, workday open tab at local cafés, and general team camaraderie
- Highly collaborative agile work environment
- Shared code ownership
- Weekly iterations, daily stand-ups
- Aggressive refactoring
- Developer participation in production support rotation
- Passion for writing software
Commensurate with skills and experience.